The Mental Strength Profile (MSP) was created to meet a very tangible need in the occupational world. It sought to respond to four questions increasingly at the front of the minds of most senior managers:
- Why is it some people handle stressors, pressure and challenge well and others don’t?
- Can we measure where people have strengths and weaknesses in these matters?
- Can we do something to improve “mental toughness” in people to improve their performance?
- Can we evaluate the effectiveness of interventions which are all claimed to be effective?
The MSP is a 48 item questionnaire which takes about 10 minutes to complete. It is:
- Extremely easy to use. The questionnaire uses a 5 point Likert scale to capture responses. The test is available in on-line format or paper and pencil format.
- Accessible. The reading age for the item databank is 9+ years of age. Language in the reports is such that the reports can be read and understood by those who are not trained psychologists.
- Quick. Test results are processed immediately on line and expert reports are immediately available.
- Cost Effective. The price structure enables users to be relaxed about frequent use of the measure.
- User Friendly Report. Several expert reports are available to the test user.